Pages

Apr 4, 2012

Catching Fire (book two of The Hunger Games Trilogy)


Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
When I finished reading The Hunger Games, I knew I'd enjoy the second book. Good story, well written, characters I love and care about. But, after the first book, I didn't think Catching Fire would be anywhere close to as awesome as the first book. I mean, really, what could match the incredibleness of the arena at The Hunger Games?

So, here's the book description from Amazon.com: Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.

So, you can imagine what I pictured: all rebellion and aftermath. But HOLY CRAP. No spoilers, I promise, but if you don't know what's coming, it's a huge surprise. Insanity. Complete and pure insanity.

I loved this book as much as the first. On a scale from Totally Awesome to Horrifically Awful, I'd give it a Totally Awesome. As soon as I'm done typing, I'm starting Mockingjay. I'm expect it to be all the things I believed Catching Fire was going to be. I hope to be surprised again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment