Pages

May 2, 2012

Always Know What To Say - Easy Ways To Approach And Talk To Anyone



Always Know What To Say - Easy Ways To Approach And Talk To Anyone by Peter W. Murphy

Free kindle books almost always fall into two categories. One - Not horrible but I'm Glad I didn't pay money for it and Two - Oh God, I think my Brain Might Actually be Bleeding.

...thankfully, my experience has mostly been in the first category.

This is a first category book. It's kind of like reading a serious of mediocre blog posts. A lot of solid advice that is either very obvious or in the easier said then done column. Filled with a smattering of exclamation points so that you know that this is all very exciting information!

I think I would have had more positive things to say about it, were it not for the exclamation marks. There's a thing about exclamation marks in non-fiction. They should be used very sparingly, if at all.  Too many and they make the information seem silly and not to be taken seriously.

At the end, it asks that you don't dismiss the book as obvious and too simplistic. Sorry, but a lot of it was just very, very obvious. Although, I agree, it wasn't too simplistic. Learning to talk to people doesn't need to be complicated for most people, it just takes practice. (excluding, of course, people with social anxiety disorders, obviously).

On a scale from Totally Awesome to Horrifically Awful, I'd give it a Not Horrifically Awful. You could find the same info, probably less annoyingly written, with a quick google search. But the book is free, so...yeah. Reading it wouldn't be a complete waste of time and wont cost you any money.

0 comments:

Post a Comment