Pages

May 18, 2012

Boozy Popsicles

I am calling food trend of the summer - Booze Popsicles.

No, I will not call them Poptails. Booze Popsicles, Boozy Popsicles, Booze-sicles, even. I hate the term POPTAIL. Sadly that seems to be the term that has exploded all over the internet.*

I know Boozy Popsicles have been around for ages. Like, before the internet even existed. But this year they seem to be popping up everywhere.

The greatest thing about them is that they can be super fancy or super simple. Oh, well, I guess the greatest thing about them is actually they they are popsicles combined with delicious alcohol. But the second greatest thing is how versatile they are. That's me holding the ever so simple (but oh so tasty) raspberry vodka and lemonade booze-cicle. Click here and you'll find just a sampling of some of the more fancy versions.

...and yes, I did buy those popsicle molds just so I could make boozy popsicles. I got two packs (each makes 4 popsicles) at Canadian Tire for...I forget how much. They weren't expensive. Then I dumped half of the first batch into the bottom of my deep freeze. Because I'm slick like that.

Happy Friday, everyone! Here's to the weekend!




*I will probably give in and start calling them poptails. But I wont be happy about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment