Pages

May 13, 2012

Wisdom from my Mom

In honour of Mother's Day, I'm going to share a bit of wisdom my Mom passed on to me a few years ago. 

My mother, father and I were on my way to my Grandfather's house in Lawrencetown, Nova Scotia. On pretty well every highway in Nova Scotia, you pass by a lot of farms. One particular farmer's field we passed was full of large fuzzy creatures that were not horses or cows.

"Are those llamas?" I asked.
"No," my mom replied, "They're alpacas."
"Huh," I thought aloud, "I'm not sure I know the difference between a llama and an alpaca."
"Oh that's easy," my mom said, matter-of-factly, "llamas are ugly and alpacas are cute."

Thanks a lot Mom, that really clears things up, I thought. Although later when I googled "Llama" and "Alpaca", she wasn't wrong.



1. Llamas, 2. alpacas

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there. 

2 comments:

Donna Laprade said...

I quite often see the llamas or alpacas, not sure which (I'll have to check to see if they are cute or ugly next time I'm down that way) as I'm driving down from the City to Greenwood. I had to check to see which Lawrencetown you meant... I'm in the one on the other side of Cole Harbour.

Danielle West said...

Those would be the ones I'm talking about, out towards Greenwood way.

Post a Comment